Hello, everyone! I hope this year has found you all well!
This time, I’ve come to report to you all how’s the current status of the retranslation project, given how much time we’ve left this blog inactive.
Currently, as you all know, all of the texts have been translated, and thus we’re currently in the review and editing phase. So far, we’ve done two passes on the main storyline, Cosmosphere, and Infelsphere texts, while the other texts, which go from parts of the menu texts to the NPC conversations and Talk Topics, have underwent one pass. Therefore, we still have some minor spelling and grammar mistakes in them that we have to fix, and our only active editor, void, is quite busy right now with real life issues, so that’s why it has been going so slowly. However, we’re pretty close to finishing the project, so once we have finished the second pass we’ll most likely begin with the beta-test period, and depending on how many things still need fixing at that point, we’ll see if there will be any need for additional revisions to the script. Once we’re sure that everything is as good as we can make it, we’ll make the patch and post it here so you all can enjoy the storyline as it should have been released in the first place.
That’s for the text, but for other matters, such as graphics and video, I think we have finished with it, as our graphic editor, Soukyuu, already took care of modifying the ones that had texts that required modifications due to name changes. Likewise for the videos, as they all have been subtitled so you all don’t have any problems following what happens during them. The only matter still remaining here would be subtitling the Cosmosphere outro videos due to changes in the costume names and to the fact that we changed Jakuri’s name, which will be done as soon as we have reached a consensus on which costume names will be changed and which ones will be left as they were in the official localization. However, that shouldn’t take too long to do.
Finally, on the programming and bug related-matters, I can only say that we fixed the bug that didn’t show some Hymnos glyphs in a few of the dialogues, the problem with the two tutorial entries I described in one of my previous posts, the text corruption in the IPD contact texts; and additionally, we fixed a issue with a wrong image being displayed in Luca’s Lv. 6 and upwards Cosmospheres in the Extra menu, both in the Event Replay and Reyvateil Catalog sections. We also restored the gradients to graphics such as the IPD contact graphics, which appeared colorless and hard to read in the official localization.
Well, that’s everything I have to report, so I’ll have to leave you all for now. As always, thank you to everyone for your support and for being so patient in awaiting for us to finish with this project. We’ll be sure to do everything we can so you’re satisfied with its final results!